About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- Brexit view from the continent
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
- Why our oven clock is slow
- Long live the humanities
- MIND BLOWN: the lightning edition
- A side note to Anita Hill’s story
- Energy disruption
- The gin that changes color
- Announcing the birth of a bouncing baby Book Six
- Know your gunfire
- Go phish
- Outcaste is coming!
- Gecko tail update
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Until a couple of days ago, this was the best, most detailed image we had of Pluto: And now we have this: We humans can be pretty awesome. According to NASA’s press release, the accuracy of the New Horizons flyby … Continue reading
Things have been a bit quiet on the blog because 1) I’ve been writing my brains out on my current novel (which is thiiiis close to being done, at least the first draft of it), and 2) I’m currently on … Continue reading
I love me a good storm/weather time-lapse, and this one is gorgeous. Not only is the footage beautiful, but the haunting music makes a perfect accompaniment. Nicolaus Wegner shot it during the summer of 2013 in South Dakota and Wyoming, … Continue reading