About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
- Why our oven clock is slow
- Long live the humanities
- MIND BLOWN: the lightning edition
- A side note to Anita Hill’s story
- Energy disruption
- The gin that changes color
- Announcing the birth of a bouncing baby Book Six
- Know your gunfire
- Go phish
- Outcaste is coming!
- Gecko tail update
- Nat Geo on the veranda
Category Archives: entertainment
WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW! (But not that many, really.) Alien: Covenant is great fun! …as long as you don’t bring your brain into the theater with you. Scientists and logical folks (hereafter referred to as SALFs) will be nearly as horrified … Continue reading
We have finally seen Rogue One. Our conclusions (with mild spoilers): 1. The first half of the movie gets a 4 out of 10. Too many jumps from point A to point B to point C, no character development, cheesy … Continue reading