About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
- Why our oven clock is slow
- Long live the humanities
- MIND BLOWN: the lightning edition
- A side note to Anita Hill’s story
- Energy disruption
- The gin that changes color
- Announcing the birth of a bouncing baby Book Six
- Know your gunfire
- Go phish
- Outcaste is coming!
- Gecko tail update
- Nat Geo on the veranda
Monthly Archives: April 2018
This video is a 100% accurate depiction of my home state. More or less. Advertisements
Once upon a time, your local news stations were a reliable bastion of independent journalism. Chance are good that isn’t the case now. If your local station is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, then it is required to run certain … Continue reading