About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- We wants it!
- Celebrating the return of rights!
- Share your gifts
- The kilogram redefined
- Down the research rabbit hole
- We’re #1! (Resilience unfolds)
- Halloween = RESILIENCE
- Speaking as a finely tuned predator
- A little geeky problem-solving
- Chronicles of Alsea: Book SEVEN
- Sonic booms
- Brexit view from the continent
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
Monthly Archives: April 2018
This video is a 100% accurate depiction of my home state. More or less. Advertisements
Once upon a time, your local news stations were a reliable bastion of independent journalism. Chance are good that isn’t the case now. If your local station is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, then it is required to run certain … Continue reading