About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- On being happy
- Winterfest! (for Mac users)
- We wants it!
- Celebrating the return of rights!
- Share your gifts
- The kilogram redefined
- Down the research rabbit hole
- We’re #1! (Resilience unfolds)
- Halloween = RESILIENCE
- Speaking as a finely tuned predator
- A little geeky problem-solving
- Chronicles of Alsea: Book SEVEN
- Sonic booms
Monthly Archives: December 2017
In an essay for the Chronicle of Higher Education, English professor Nina Handler laments the extinction of her species: Charles Smithson, a character in John Fowles’s 1969 novel, The French Lieutenant’s Woman, is a wealthy, idle gentleman who faces the … Continue reading