About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
- Why our oven clock is slow
- Long live the humanities
- MIND BLOWN: the lightning edition
- A side note to Anita Hill’s story
- Energy disruption
- The gin that changes color
- Announcing the birth of a bouncing baby Book Six
- Know your gunfire
- Go phish
- Outcaste is coming!
- Gecko tail update
- Nat Geo on the veranda
Monthly Archives: November 2017
Many of us are remembering Anita Hill’s trailblazing courage these days, as the dams are breaking and so many women are telling their stories of sexual harassment and sexual assault. What is rarely recalled now is that the 1991 Senate … Continue reading
This is a long video at 40 minutes, but it is a fascinating and fast-moving talk on the massive disruptions caused by wind and solar in the electrical power markets, as well as the disruption caused by batteries, tech, and … Continue reading