About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- We wants it!
- Celebrating the return of rights!
- Share your gifts
- The kilogram redefined
- Down the research rabbit hole
- We’re #1! (Resilience unfolds)
- Halloween = RESILIENCE
- Speaking as a finely tuned predator
- A little geeky problem-solving
- Chronicles of Alsea: Book SEVEN
- Sonic booms
- Brexit view from the continent
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
Monthly Archives: December 2016
We have finally seen Rogue One. Our conclusions (with mild spoilers): 1. The first half of the movie gets a 4 out of 10. Too many jumps from point A to point B to point C, no character development, cheesy … Continue reading
This message came in through my website a couple of weeks ago, from a reader in Seattle, Washington: I stumbled across The Caphenon when putting lesbian science fiction books on hold at The Seattle Public Library. It seems I had … Continue reading
Popular music group OK Go, famous for their unusual and meticulously planned videos (which often put Rube Goldberg to shame) have done it again, this time with a video that explores a world we cannot see. The video opens with … Continue reading