About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- We wants it!
- Celebrating the return of rights!
- Share your gifts
- The kilogram redefined
- Down the research rabbit hole
- We’re #1! (Resilience unfolds)
- Halloween = RESILIENCE
- Speaking as a finely tuned predator
- A little geeky problem-solving
- Chronicles of Alsea: Book SEVEN
- Sonic booms
- Brexit view from the continent
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
Monthly Archives: September 2015
Our first day in Vancouver consisted largely of trying to stay awake long enough to start adjusting our body clocks. (Eight time zones is a killer.) Accordingly, we went for a walk in Stanley Park and admired the scenery, which … Continue reading
Upon returning home from my vacation, I took a regional puddlejumper flight from Eugene, Oregon to Seattle, and reserved a seat on the right side of the plane in order to see the Cascade Mountains and the main cities in … Continue reading