About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- We wants it!
- Celebrating the return of rights!
- Share your gifts
- The kilogram redefined
- Down the research rabbit hole
- We’re #1! (Resilience unfolds)
- Halloween = RESILIENCE
- Speaking as a finely tuned predator
- A little geeky problem-solving
- Chronicles of Alsea: Book SEVEN
- Sonic booms
- Brexit view from the continent
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
Monthly Archives: July 2015
Until a couple of days ago, this was the best, most detailed image we had of Pluto: And now we have this: We humans can be pretty awesome. According to NASA’s press release, the accuracy of the New Horizons flyby … Continue reading
You’ve probably heard a lot about the New Horizons probe lately, and there’s a good reason for that. Tomorrow, July 14, the probe will fulfill its destiny. After nine and a half years of travel, it will zip past Pluto, … Continue reading
As an American, I’m used to seeing my countryfolk focused on and featured in various international athletic events. Eurosport and British coverage of such events always make sure to put the camera on American competitors as well as those of … Continue reading