Friends from my hometown are coming for their first taste (in some cases literally) of Portuguese culture, so expect intermittent blogging for the next two weeks. We’ll be touring around a bit, and of course hitting all of our favorite restaurants as we share the joys of porco preto, steamed barnacles, soft cheeses and oh so many other Portuguese delicacies. Once again I shall sacrifice myself by selflessly devouring jillions of calories, all in the name of cultural exchange and friendship. It will be difficult, but I will persevere.
About Oregon Expat
Sometimes the best view is from the outside, and an American expatriate living in Portugal is, in many ways, outside of both nations. The views can be spectacular. I'm also a science nerd, Mac dweeb, and grammar geek, so the posts in this blog tend to be eclectic.
Click the "About" tab if that wasn't quite enough detail.
- Brexit view from the continent
- “Portugal is not the USA”
- The giant salmon was my favorite
- The right-wing megacorp controlling your local news
- Why our oven clock is slow
- Long live the humanities
- MIND BLOWN: the lightning edition
- A side note to Anita Hill’s story
- Energy disruption
- The gin that changes color
- Announcing the birth of a bouncing baby Book Six
- Know your gunfire
- Go phish
- Outcaste is coming!
- Gecko tail update